ACH Email Notifications
SmartAccounting provides the ability for vendors to receive an email notification when an ACH payment is processed. The email will contain the processing date, invoice numbers, total amount, and other pertinent payment information. To set up ACH email notifications:
– Inform your Account Manager that you wish to establish email notification for ACH Payments, as there is a technical setup process involved.
Enter ACH Information
– In the navigation panel, click on Maintenance, then Vendors. The Vendor Maintenance screen will appear.
– Find the Vendor for which you would like to establish ACH email notifications.
– Confirm that the fields under ACH Information are filled out. If they are blank, enter the ACH Information. Enter any notes as needed in the Notes section.
Enter the Vendor’s Email Address
– In the Miscellaneous Information section, next to Email, enter the Vendor’s email address.
NOTE: Part of the email notification process is to send an undeliverable email notification back to the production office when an email is issued that is deemed “undeliverable.” However, currently there are no means to validate invalid email addresses that do not include *.com in the address. For example Johnny99@mit.edu; other examples: *.net, *.org, *.eu, *.uk, *.can
– Click the Save icon.
Enter Your Company’s Email Address
– In the navigation panel, click on System Setup, then Company. The Company Setup screen will appear.
– Under Company Information, enter your company’s email address.
– Click the Save icon.
The designated vendor will now receive email notifications whenever an ACH payment is processed.
Prerequisites for SmartAccounting Release 1.9.20
**Please note, you will require Administrator Rights to complete the prerequisite downloads on your computer. If you do not have Admin Rights, please contact your IT department for assistance.**
Prior to downloading SmartAccounting 1.9.20, it is required that Microsoft .Net 4.6.2 is already installed on the machine. Additionally, Windows 7 users must first verify that Service Pack 1 is installed prior to downloading Microsoft .Net 4.6.2. Download instructions are below.
Microsoft .Net 4.6.2 Download Instructions
Installing this software will make your experience more secure and provide enhanced application performance. You will enjoy the added functionalities of the SmartAccounting 1.9.20 release without delay.
How to check if the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 is installed.
- Select the Start Button.
- Select Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a Program or Programs and Features
- On the Program and Features windows look for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2
- If the Program is not there Smart Accounting is going to prompt you to Install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2
How to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2
- To perform the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2install, click here to access the download for Windows .Net 4.6.2.
- Save the download file.
- Run the file.
- Accept license terms and click Install.
- Click Finish.
- Restart the machine.
Verify Windows 7 Service Pack 1 is installed
- Click on the Start button.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click on System.
View the Service Pack info under “Windows edition” area of the window.
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Download Instructions
If you do not have Service Pack 1 (SP1) installed, you will have to manually install SP1 from Windows Update:
- Select the Start button.
- Select All programs.
- Select Windows Update.
- In the left pane, select Check for Updates.
- Select the link to view Available Updates.
- Select Service Pack for Microsoft Windows (KB976932) from the list, and then clickOK.
If Service Pack for Microsoft Windows (KB976932) is not listed, you may need to install other, earlier updates before installing SP1. If this is the case, proceed with installing any other important updates, and then follow these steps again for SP1.
- Select Install updates.
You may be asked for your Administrator password or to confirm your selection. Follow the instructions to install SP1.
SmartAccounting Location Check Print with PDEP
Upon receiving the email from System Set-Up with your credentials, you will first need to reset your password through VPO. The reason for this is that while Vista Exchange is how you access PDEP,
VPO is how you are authorized to see the invoices and print their associated checks.
- Go to https://vpo.ep.com and log in with the credentials provided.
- Upon logging in, you will be prompted to change your password.
- Once you have successfully updated your password, you may exit VPO.
- Go to https://ve.ep.com.
- Enter your Username and the new Password you just set through VPO.
- Under All Apps, select Payroll LCP Print to launch the standalone PDEP app.
- Enter your License Number.
- You can find this information in SmartAccounting by going to System Setup > Projects.
- The Check Print app will open.
- Under Action, you will find four options: Print, Reprint, Copies, and Test.
- Print is where your invoices will initially appear. Once they have been printed, they will then populate the Reprint and Copies tabs.
- Reprint is used when you have already attempted to print checks, but they are in some manner unusable (e.g., printer errors, the check stock was loaded incorrectly, etc.).
|NOTE: You will need to contact EP Product Support to reprint checks. Email email@example.com with the invoice numbers and the reason for the reprint, then call 818.955.6300 for assistance.|
- Copies is for check copies, generally for record-keeping purposes.
- Test is where you can print a check with dummy information to confirm that your setup is correct. It is highly recommended you perform a test print on plain paper before you do a check run to ensure that things go smoothly (and avoid the reprint procedure detailed above).
If you have an issue printing, please reach out to Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 818.955.6300.
- Select the invoice(s) you want to print. (The invoices selected will appear under Checks.)
|NOTE: Print allows you to select multiple invoices at once (the general recommendation is to do it in small batches; maybe three invoices at a time).|
- Optional: Click the check box for Print Flush Page.
- Once you’re ready to print, select your Printer, then click Print at the bottom right.
- A prompt will appear, informing you the number of checks being printed, along with some pre-printing reminders (best practice is to always load more check stock than you will need).
- Once you’re ready to print, click OK.
SmartAccounting: Printing Payroll Reports from PDF
The following steps will take you through printing SmartAccounting Payroll Reports from PDF.
1 – Log in to ve.ep.com.
2 – Click on the Payroll Report Package Print
3 – Enter your Client Number and click on the Find Reports
4 – Select the report(s) that you want to download.
5 – Click on the Download Selected PDF(s)
Next, you must locate the transferred PDF file(s) on your computer.
For PC Users
1 – Open a file browser, and navigate to your C: drive.
2 – Open the disc
3 – Open the gv_transfer
4 – Open the Reports You will see your PDF report(s) you downloaded from SmartAccounting.
5 – Open each report in Adobe Reader, then print.
For MAC Users
1 – In the top right of your screen, click on the magnifying glass to open the Spotlight Search.
2 – Type in disc.
3 – Scroll down to the Folders search results, and open the disc
4 – Open the gv_transfer
5 – Open the Reports You will see your PDF report(s) you downloaded from SmartAccounting.
6 – Open each report in Adobe Reader, then print.
Undo Finalized Bank Reconciliation
To undo a previously finalized bank reconciliation in SmartAccounting:
– In the Navigation Panel, click on Maintenance.
– Select Bank Reconciliation.
– Enter the finalized date of the Bank Reconciliation you’d like to Undo in the Statement Date
– In the Bank Name field, select the bank you used in the Bank Reconciliation you’d like to Undo.
– On the Ribbon, in the Tools section, select View Prior Statements.
– This will allow the Undo Finalization button to become available. Click Undo Finalization to proceed.
– A prompt will appear, asking you to confirm un-finalizing the reconciled bank statement. Please note: This action is NOT reversible. Click Yes to confirm.
– Close the Bank Reconciliation module and re-open if you’d like to make any other changes.
Need more information?
Drop us a line any time, and one of our customer service reps will respond to you as soon as possible.
EP Burbank Service and Support Hours:
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 6:00pm (Pacific)
After Hours: 818.955.6350
East Coast – New York
UK/Europe – Sargent Disc
+44 (0) 1753 630300
EP Canada – Toronto
416.923.9255 or 800.308.7550
After hours: 416.803.1685
EP Canada – Vancouver
604.987.2292 or 800.830.8882
After Hours: 604.764.7229