Movie Magic Budgeting Support
Need additional help?Create support ticket
Our dedicated support staff will reach out to you.
Get Movie Magic Knowledge Base Articles
Latest Release Notes
Select from the menu below for more topics.
- If you already have a login for other Entertainment Partners products, such as SmartAccounting, SmartStart, SmartTime, SmartHub/Scenechronize, please enter the same email address used to log into those products.
- Click Continue.
- Click Forgot Password? on the following screen below the Sign In button.
- Click Send Request. A password reset link will be sent to the email associated with your EP Account.
- Click on the link sent to your email and follow the prompts to create a new password.
Note: User Account passwords must be at least 9 characters long and include a minimum of 1 uppercase, 1 lowercase, 1 number, and 1 special character.
1. In your budget select the Detail line (or lines) you want to apply Fringes to
2. Open the Apply Tools Pane (if it's not already open)
3. Click to select the Fr tab
4. You can also press CMD + 1 on a Mac or CTRL + 1 on a PC to jump to the Fringe Apply pane
5. Click the checkbox next to the Fringes you want applied to your selected Detail lines
6. You can also use the UP ARROW, DOWN ARROW and SPACEBAR keys to select and apply Fringes when this pane has focus
7. Click to close the Apply Tools Pane
8. You can also press CMD + 1 on a Mac or CTRL + 1 on a PC to return to your budget from the Fringe Apply pane
1. Open a budget.
2. Click the File > Export > ... option for the file type you want to export. For example, select Export > Tab Delimited... for a tab-separated text file.
3. Select where to save the file using your Operating System's file selection tool.
4. Rename the file as needed.
5. Click Export.
6. The system then saves the file to the designated location.
1. Go to the Open Budgets window.
2. Start the import by clicking one of the three options:
3. IMPORT at the top right of the Open Budget pane
4. NEW BUDGET > IMPORT BUDGET/TEMPLATE at the top left of the Open Budget pane
5. File > Import Budget/Template in the file menu
6. Select the budget file using your Operating System’s file selection tool and click Open. Movie Magic Budgeting 10 can import valid .mbd files saved by MMB 7.
7. The budget is then imported and saved in your Uncategorized area.
8. The selected budget opens automatically.
NOTE: Some budgets created in MMB 7 have errors that are cleaned up on import to MMB 10. If your totals are different than expected on import, review the MMB 7 file for errors in Fringes, Units, or other calculations.
Not at this time.
Please visit our Academy for online training courses.
Not currently. Please visit our Academy for online training courses.
The production company, school, or studio that provides your Movie Magic Budgeting 10 license assigns it to a specific email address. Register an EP SmartID account with that email address to use MMB 10. If you don’t have an EP SmartID account, click Register Now on the MMB Log In page to get started. If you have an EP SmartID account for that email address, use that to sign in. Click Forgot Password? from the Log In page if you need to reset your password.
Your company's Studio License Portal Manager needs to send a UAM form to the Movie Magic support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for processing. Once the users have been added they will get an email with instructions on how to access the program.