This Privacy Notice was updated on August 28, 2020 to (i) clarify EP’s legal bases for processing personal information, update the mechanisms used to protect certain international data transfers, (ii) incorporate additional disclosures to California residents pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, and (iii) include information about EP’s collection and use of limited health information during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Entertainment Partners and its affiliates (“EP”, “we”, “us,” and “our”) are committed to maintaining meaningful privacy protections for all individuals who interact with EP. This Privacy Notice describes EP’s practices with respect to your personal information, including the types of information we collect, how we use and share that information, and your choices. This Privacy Notice covers information collected through:
- our public-facing websites that link to this Privacy Notice (“Websites”);
- our online applications, services, and tools that can only be accessed with valid login credentials (“Online Services”);
- our payroll and related services (“Payroll Services”) provided to EP’s clients to facilitate the payment of entertainment production workers (“Talent and Crew Members”); and/or
- our background casting and related services (“Casting Services”).
Collection of Information
EP collects information: (i) directly from you when you provide it to us; (ii) automatically when you interact with our Websites and Online Services; and (iii) from third parties such as our clients and business partners.
Information you provide to us directly includes:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, and telephone number;
- Credentials such as a username and password;
- Demographic information, such as age and gender;
- Financial information, such as credit card, bank account, or other payment information;
- Search queries;
- Correspondence and other information that you send to us; and
- Any other information identified to you at the point of collection.
Information we collect automatically includes:
- Log files reflecting your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring and exit web pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and other data reflecting your actions and activities on our Websites and Online Services;
- Location data;
- Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, and other similar technologies; and
- Records of purchases made through our Websites or Online Platforms.
Information we collect from third parties includes:
- Information available from websites, directories, and other public sources;
- Financial information;
- Tax information; and
- Information from our clients about their current, prospective, and former Talent and Crew Members, including name address, email address, date of birth, social security number, telephone number, citizenship status, and information about their dependents and family members.
For lawful and legitimate purposes during the COVID-19 pandemic, EP may collect, use and transfer to third parties limited health information received from you and/or third parties, such as results of COVID-19 testing and health screenings for COVID-19 symptoms.
Use of Information and Legal Bases for Processing
We use the information collected through our Websites, Online Services, Payroll Services and Casting Services to:
- Provide and improve our products and services;
- Understand how you interact with our Websites and Online Services;
- Register users for our Online Services, Payroll Services and Casting Services;
- Communicate with you;
- Authenticate users;
- Perform analytics;
- Prevent and detect fraud and misuse;
- Comply with legal requirements;
- Provide customer service support or respond to your inquiries;
- Verify eligibility for certain opportunities, programs, or benefits;
- Conduct surveys;
- Generate leads;
- Perform any other function requested by you or our clients.
In many contexts, EP acts as a processor or service provider for a controller. In those situations, we process personal information only on documented legally-compliant instructions from the applicable controller entity. In situations where EP acts as a controller, we process your personal information: with your consent, where necessary to enter into or to perform a contract with you, where processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, or where doing so is necessary for purposes of our legitimate interests that are not overridden by your interests or by your fundamental rights and freedoms.
Information Sharing and Disclosures
We share information with our affiliates or our third party service providers in accordance with this Privacy Notice. All service providers are governed by this Privacy Notice or are bound by confidentiality or data protection agreements that offer similar protections. EP also shares your information with third parties with your consent or where required in order to provide products or services to you or EP clients. For instance, EP will disclose the personal information of Talent and Crew Members to EP clients receiving Payroll Services or Casting Services for those Talent and Crew Members.
Third Party Applications and Sites
EP’s Websites contains links to other sites. EP does not share your personal information with those sites and is not responsible for their privacy practices. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy policies.
EP’s Websites may contain links to third party sites co-branded with an EP logo, even though the sites are not operated or maintained by EP. EP is not responsible for the privacy practices of sites operated by third parties that are linked to our Websites.
EP’s Websites include social media features and widgets. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies providing them.
We use commercially reasonable technical, organizational, and administrative measures to protect our Websites, Online Services, Payroll Services and Casting Services against unauthorized or unlawful access and against accidental loss, theft, disclosure, copying, modification, and destruction, or damage. Nonetheless, we cannot guarantee that transmissions of your information will always be secure or that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat the security measures taken by us or our service providers. You play an important role in keeping your information secure. You should not share your user name, password, or other Online Services, Payroll Services or Casting Services account information with anyone. If you believe that the security of our Websites, Online Services, or Payroll Services have been compromised, please contact us immediately as detailed in the “Contact Us” section, below.
We retain your information for as long as your account is active, for as long as needed to provide you or our clients with the services requested, or as long as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce any agreements.
Our Websites and Online Services do not target and are not intended to attract children under the age of 13. EP does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent. If you believe a child has provided information through our Websites or Online Services, or through our Payroll Services or Casting Services without parental consent, please contact us immediately as detailed in the “Contact Us” section, below, so that we can delete their information.
We partner with a third party to display advertising on our Websites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on our Websites and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not be shown interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here or if located in the European Union click here. Please note this does not opt you out of receiving any ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
To the extent required by applicable law, we provide you with the ability to access, correct, export, delete, withdraw consent, object to the processing of, or suspend processing of your personal information. You can contact us as detailed in the “Contact Us” section, below to exercise these rights.
Individuals in the European Economic Area (“EEA”): You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe we have processed your personal information in a manner inconsistent with your rights.
This Privacy Notice discloses the categories of personal information we have collected from California residents over the past twelve months, the categories of sources from which the information was collected, the business or commercial purposes for which the information was collected, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared that information.
In the past twelve months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information to third parties for business or commercial purposes:
- Personal identifiers including name, signature, address, phone number, email address, social security number, driver’s license or other state identification card number, or any other personal identifier.
- Physical characteristics or description including age or gender.
- Other personal information such as national origin, marital status, or trade union affiliation.
- Financial information including bank account number, credit card number, or other financial information.
- Education and employment information including citizenship, educational background, current and prior employment, and results of criminal background checks.
- Insurance information including policy number or coverage information for health or other personal insurance.
- Internet and other network activity information including online identifiers such as IP address or device identifier, browsing history, search history, and information about interactions with websites, applications, or advertisements.
In the past twelve months, we have not sold personal information to third parties and we have no actual knowledge of selling the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
California residents have the right to opt out of the sale of their personal information.
However, because we do not sell personal information, we do not offer an opt out.
California residents have the right to request that we disclose the categories of personal information we have collected, used, and disclosed about them during the past twelve months, the categories of sources from which their personal information was collected, our business or commercial purposes for collecting their personal information, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared their personal information. California residents also have the right to request the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about them. You or your authorized agent can submit a request here or by calling EP toll-free at (800) 295-9256. We may require additional personal information to match with the information we have on file in order to verify your identity and residency. The personal information that we use to verify your identity and residency will not be used for any other purpose.
California residents also have the right to request deletion of the personal information we have collected from them or maintained about them. You or your authorized agent can submit a deletion request here or by calling EP toll-free at (800) 295-9256. We may require additional personal information to match with the information we have on file in order to verify your identity and residency. The personal information that we use to verify your identity and residency will not be used for any other purpose.
California residents have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising their rights under the CCPA. We do not discriminate against California residents who exercise their CCPA privacy rights.
We may transfer your information from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. When we transfer information from individuals in the EEA to countries that have not received an adequacy finding under Article 45 of the GDPR, including the United States, we rely on alternative adequate safeguards, such as the contractual mechanisms set forth in Article 46 of the GDPR, or derogations for specific situations set forth in Article 49 of the GDPR. Individuals in the EEA can contact us as detailed in the “Contact Us” section, below to request copies of applicable Article 46 transfer agreements. In the limited situations where we rely on Article 49 derogations, we only collect and transfer your information to third countries: (i) with your consent; (ii) to perform a contract with you; or (iii) to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
EP may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will post any revised Privacy Notice on this Website. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. If our changes or amendments to this Privacy Notice are material, we will notify you in accordance with applicable law.
If you have questions, concerns, or complaints about this Privacy Notice please feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
Entertainment Partners Attn: Data Protection Officer 2950 N. Hollywood Way Burbank, CA 91505