Sick Leave and Paid Family Leave
Get everything you need to take care of Sick Leave and Paid Family Leave requests.
Many states and localities as well as Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBAs) require Sick Leave and/or Paid Family Leave to be provided to employees. It’s your responsibility as a studio or production company to comply with these requirements.
To ensure you’re in full compliance and avoid penalties, EP supplies the payroll data you need to provide accurate Sick Leave data for your employees.
- Get a report with the accrued and available sick leave balances for your employees to help with timecard approvals.
- For certain jurisdictions, EP will provide detailed payroll transactions so you can easily calculate sick leave accrual and determine sick leave balances, if any.
- Enjoy ongoing client and employee support from our dedicated benefits solutions team.
- EP Sick Leave engine tracks the legally compliant minimums per applicable sick leave jurisdiction or CBA based on the location of the hours worked.
- On EP-payroll shows, Production Accountants can request sick leave reports via the EP Paymaster on their show.
- Employees can code their timecard with the sick time hours they need to claim and if approved by the Production Accountant, employees are paid for this time.
- Get assistance to ensure you’re in full compliance with all reporting requirements.
- If you use multiple payroll providers under one Common Law Employer, EP has Sick Leave Aggregation Services that will keep you in compliance.
Client and Employee Inquiries
If clients or employees have questions regarding sick leave balances, they can send an inquiry via email to SickLeave@ep.com. EP will assist with researching sick leave ledger balances and answer any sick leave compliance-related questions.
New York Paid Family Leave
Eligible full- and part-time employees in the state of New York will be able to take partially-paid leave to care for a newborn child or a family member with a serious health condition, or to assist with family duties when a family member is called into active military service.
Rate and Annual Cap: NYPFL rate is 0.511% of an employee's gross wages each pay period. The maximum annual contribution of $423.71.
Leave Benefit: Eligible employees will have access to up to 12 weeks of leave at 67% of their average weekly wage, up to $1,068.36.
Step 1: Provide the Notice to Employee Form to all new hires.
Step 2: Post the required two notices at your workplace as required by law.
Step 3: Upon request, provide an Employee Opt-Out Form.
Visit the Production Community to download Forms.
For more information on NYPFL benefits, please visit the State’s NYPFL site at paidfamilyleave.ny.gov or contact EP at firstname.lastname@example.org.