SmartTime LoginLog in
Need additional help?Create support ticket
Our dedicated support staff will reach out to you.
Get SmartTime Knowledge Base Articles
Latest Release Notes
Select from the menu below to view FAQs for that topic.
- Navigate to SmartTime.ep.com, input your email, and select Continue.
- Click Forgot Password? on the following screen below the Sign In button.
- Click Send Request. A password reset link will be sent to the email associated with your EP Account.
- Click on the link sent to your email and follow the prompts to create a new password.
Note: This link expires after one hour. Repeat the above steps if you cannot reset your password within this time limit.
To invite crew member(s) to SmartTime:
- From the Startcards tab, locate a crew member’s Startcard. Scroll, use the Search field or apply filters. Check the box to the left of the crew member’s name. Select the list with the Crew Name checkbox in the column header.
- From the Actions dropdown in the upper right corner, select Invite to Mobile. (Make sure the names and email addresses are correct.)
- Click Send. A confirmation message is displayed. An email invite with the link to SmartTime is sent to the crew member.
Go to Settings, select User Management. Located towards the top left, select “Mobile Users” and search for the user, then modify from Crew to Dept Admin role, or add a new user.
Applied notes are available from the bottom of each timecard in the gray, shaded bar. A notes counter displays on the far left in blue. Select the blue, View Notes link to view applied notes in a pop-out.
Timecard calculations pull from EP’s hours-to-gross system. For questions, contact your assigned EP Paymaster. Not sure who your EP Paymaster is? Check with your Key Accountant or EP Account Manager.
As the payroll accountant, you can change the times entered from the Production Report and pay what the crew member entered or vice versa. Be aware that this creates a discrepancy. You’ll need to notify the crew member by email or text to explain the timecard discrepancy (they won’t be automatically notified).
Tips for troubleshooting SmartTime Mobile login issues:
- Check that you are on the correct website
- Password may not be correct or is too short
- Double-check that the browser you are using meets the system requirements
Entering from My Times:
My Times gives the best experience for on-the-go entry from a mobile device with a smaller screen.
- Start from your Timecard Screen under My Times.
- Click the goldenrod, plus icon in the bottom right corner.
- This opens the Create New Time screen for entry.
Entering from Weekly Times:
Weekly Times is accessed from under the options menu in the upper, left corner and is best experienced from a larger screen for bulk entry and approvals. device with a smaller screen.
- From your Timecard screen, select Weekly Times from your options menu in the upper, right corner.
- This opens the Weekly Times entry grid.
You can add notes to each day in SmartTime Mobile.
My Times – You can add a note after you save your hours. There is a Notes section available at the end of the Day Type and Hours section.
Weekly Times - There is a “+” icon to the right of each day. Click on that icon and a Timecard Notes section will open to input your note and then click Add Note to save
The Filters can limit what times are displayed on your My Times screen. As a tool, it helps you know where your attention is needed (is there anything you need to sign off on?) or to check the status of your submitted times (where are your times in the approval process?).
- Waiting for Crew – Select to display times you need to approve or times you have not submitted.
- Waiting for Dept - Select to display submitted times your manager needs to approve.
- Approved - Select to display times your manager approved. At this point, you can still make edits.
- Processed – Select to display times submitted to EP. You can still apply your signature at this point, but edits can only go through your Payroll Accountant.
- Current week – Select this filter to show times from the current pay period.
- Previous week – Select this filter to show last week’s times.
There are two options to approve times entered for you. Choose between My Times or Weekly Times.
My Times gives the best experience for on-the-go approvals from a mobile device with a smaller screen.
- Start with My Times on your Timecard screen. Your entered times appear in chronological order. Click on a time (a shift) to open the Details screen.
- From My Times and the Details screen, the status of the times is displayed in the upper right. At this point, the status reads, “Waiting for Crew.” This means you need to review and approve.
- If you agree with the times entered for you and are ready to submit, select the Approve button. This submits the times for processing.
- To approve your entire week at once, select View Entire Week from your Actions drop-down, available in the upper, right corner of your Details screen. This displays your times for the entire week.
- When ready to approve, select Approve All from under the Actions menu to submit.
Weekly Times is best experienced from a larger screen for bulk entry or approvals.
- Access Weekly Times from your options menu in the upper left corner of your Timecard screen. This opens the Weekly Times screen.
- Once on Weekly Times, select weekending from calendar located on the top right, review your times. Notes for you to review are indicated by a counter icon in the Notes column.
- To approve your times as they are and submit them for processing, select Approval All.
If you have the email invite and can’t sign on, be sure to check which internet browser you’re using. SmartTime is compatible with Apple Safari, Google Chrome, or Microsoft Edge.
If you’re using any of the above supported browsers and it still isn’t working, you may have a defective link. On your mobile device, try this link smarttimemobile.ep.com
In the Menu bar in SmartTime:
- hover over the TimeCard Batches tab
- click the New Batch option.
- Select a week ending and name the batch.
- Click Save to finish creating the batch
The Classic version of SmartTime requires allowances to be set up by the user and is not imported into the system by the Paymaster. Allowances can be found at the bottom of the start card. To enter allowances:
- Choose the allowance from the dropdown menu
- Enter the daily rate and any ceiling if necessary
You can also choose the production phase of when you would like this employee to receive the allowance. Other options include the payment day type, whether the allowance should be on a separate check, and the GL account for the allowance. If this is an episodic project, you will want to leave the episode default coding blank. Leaving it blank will charge the Box Rental for the compensable day to the Episode coded for that compensable day.
Typically, this error appears when the user is on the smartime.ep.com login page instead of the smartimemobile.ep.com page. Please log in at smarttimemobile.ep.com
Sign out of smartimemobile.com by clicking on the X within the error message or by clicking on the Sign Out arrow icon on the top right. Then sign back in. This should resolve the issue.
Please reach out to your assigned Paymaster for assistance. You can view your assigned Paymaster by going to Settings > Project Settings > Project Details.
Back to top