W-2 and 1099 Support
Get your W-2 or 1099 Online
Live Chat Support Available
Sign in to myEP to connect with our support agents.
Need more support?Create support ticket
Already signed up for paperless?
Find your digital tax
doc in two steps!
1. Log into myEP.
2. Go to My Pay >
Annual Tax Statements.
Get your digital
W-2 and 1099s
No more waiting for the mail.
Select from the menu below to view FAQs for that topic.
General W-2 and 1099 Questions
Digital versions of W-2s and 1099s are typically available for download in myEP the second to last week of January. Printed versions are typically mailed out the last week of January.
If you signed up to go paperless, you will receive an email notification when your digital tax statement is ready.
Both W-2 and 1099 recipients can review the email account the notification will be sent to by going to myEP > My Account > Settings > Pay Preferences > W2 Delivery Preferences.
For those still receiving paper forms, expect them to arrive after they are mailed in the last week of January.
- Log in to my.ep.com.
- Go to the menu in the myEP Home header and select My Pay and then Annual Tax Statements.
- Once you're signed in to myEP, go to My Pay > Annual Tax Statements. Your available tax documents will be listed showing the Document Name, Tax Year, and Type.
- Select from the Actions column:
- Download to download a copy
- View to preview
- Print Document to print
The online, digital format of the W-2 or 1099 match the government-issued paper forms.
If you lived and worked in different states during the tax year, you will be issued a multi-state Form W-2.
This means you will receive a W-2 for your resident state and additional work state pages for each work state that differs from your resident state.
Additional work state pages are not considered to be a Form W-2 and should not be filed federally. Copy B for the federal return is intentionally left blank for this reason.
Based on EP's previous conversations with tax preparers, you musto take a credit in your resident state for the specific dollar amount earned and/or taxes withheld in the different work state. Consult with a tax professional for further clarification.
Note: If you worked in New York, but do not claim residency in the State of New York, please click here for more information on the New York Tax Law Section 672.
Corrected tax forms are manually generated and are not be available online. Newly corrected forms require approval from EP's Tax Support department. Once approved, the corrected form will be automatically mailed to your address on file.
Section 672 of the New York tax law requires that if at any time during the year, a non-resident employee performs services in New York State, the wages reported in Box 16 (state wages) must match the amount shown in Box 1 (wages, tips, other compensation), regardless of how much was earned in that state. If you are filing as a non-resident, remember to complete the IT203 and IT203-B forms to determine how much tax you owe.
EP will display the actual total amounts earned and total days worked in NY under the Earnings Summary Section of the Form W-2.
In most cases, this is not an error. This box will be marked if you were paid through a union production that made contributions to a union’s pension plan on your behalf. This may happen even if you are not a union member.
If you are unable to take credit on your tax return for your personal IRA because this box is marked, EP can provide a pension letter to clarify why the retirement plan box was marked. The letter will include the union’s name, address, and phone number of where the contributions were sent. You will need to obtain a second letter from that union to indicate your pension eligibility status for submission to the IRS.
To request a pension letter, submit a completed Crew & Talent Inquiries and Corrections form.
Review your payment history on my.ep.com. Go to My Pay > Pay History. Once you identify the missing payment and it has been more than 15 to 30 business days from the current day, you can do one of the following:
Crew & Talent
If it has been more than 10 days since you last worked, contact your production company first to confirm a check has been released. The production company will contact EP to start the void and reissue process if needed. If the production company has wrapped, complete and submit a Crew & Talent Stop Pay/Reissue form.
Contact your union to confirm that a payment has been logged and released in the mail, and that the union has the most recent address on file. If the union confirms that the check was mailed but it wasn't received within ten business days of the mailing, complete and submit a Crew & Talent Stop Pay/Reissue form.
You must notify EP and the union of your family member’s death by providing copies of the following documentation:
- Death certificate
- Last Will and Testament; if an Estate, letters of testamentary or letters of administration
- Name, address, and Social Security number of beneficiary(s); if an Estate, name and address of Executor of the Estate and Federal Tax ID# for the Estate
Complete our Talent – Residual Set Up Change Request Form and submit along with the above documentation.
Talent representatives may request to receive tax information for their clients via email. However, all talent representatives must be listed on file as "c/o" before any tax information is released to them. To make a request for tax information, a completed Crew & Talent Inquiries & Corrections Form must be submitted with a copy of the Authorization to Release Information letter or power of attorney document signed by the client.
For security and privacy reasons, talent representatives are NOT authorized to sign into myEP on behalf of their clients.
Getting W-2s or 1099s Online
- Go to my.ep.com.
- From the Home screen header menu, click My Pay > Annual Tax Statements.
- If you are signing up for the first time, set up your W2 delivery preferences.
IMPORTANT: Connect your Payroll Profile if you have not done so already.
- If you are signing up for the first time, click the Go Paperless for W2’s button.
- Review and complete each of the four steps. You will be asked to enter a displayed code to meet the IRS standard for PDF viewing. Click Finish to complete.
Your next tax document will be ready to download and print in January.
Note: Going paperless will opt you out of receiving paper W-2s. To go back to receiving paper copies via mail, sign in to myEP > My Account > Settings > Pay Preferences. Click Change to Postal Mail under W2 Delivery Preferences.
Prerequisites to connecting your profile:
- You must have been paid by EP at least once within the past three years.
- You must have check information from one of your last 25 EP issued checks.
Note: If you do not have a physical check available, you can go to your bank website to find one of your EP checks and can use the Take Home Amount (Net Amount), Check Number, or Gross Amount from this check to connect your Payroll Profile. You can also wait for your next EP check and return to connect your profile once you have check information available.
Here are the steps if it's your first time in myEP:
- Go to my.ep.com.
- Click any Connect Payroll Profile button in myEP for the step-by-step onscreen guide.
Note: If this is your first time signing in to myEP, you automatically get easy-to-follow prompts on the screen. After you finish these, you can connect your Payroll Profile directly by continuing to follow the prompts or connect later by click a Connect payroll Profile button when ready.
- First, confirm EP has paid you in the listed timeframes. Click Next when ready.
- Confirm if you work in the United States. Click Next.
- Verify your Social Security number. if this is your first sign-in to myEP, check and agree to the Terms and Conditions and a Privacy Notice. Click Next.
- Finish one last identity verification step with information from one of your last 25 checks from EP. Enter one of three pieces of information from the check: Take Home Amount (Net Amount), Check Number, or Gross Amount.
- Once complete, you receive confirmation that you connected your Payroll Profile. You can choose to review your pay history in the My Pay section or click to set up your Direct Deposit. If not, you're ready to check your pay information, including Annual Tax Statements, anytime.
You will receive an email confirmation. You may also check your status at any time by signing in to myEP > My Account > Settings > Pay Preferences > W2 Delivery Preferences. You may check your 1099 paperless status at the same location. You can also check under Quick Links on the myEP Home screen.
No. Once you register for online W-2s or 1099s, you will continue to be able to access your tax forms digitally every year until you decide to opt back into receiving the paper copies in the mail.
Your online MyEP account gives you access to W-2s and 1099s from the past three years on a rolling basis.
Non-U.S. documents, 1095C, W-2C, and any documents other than W-2s and 1099s are not available.
Your online myEP account gives you access to three years of historical tax statements. Statements refresh each year to include the latest statement.
- All U.S. residents or citizens with a valid US Social Security Number who have received payments in the last 3 years from today’s date.
- Corporations that have also been paid as an individual with EP.
NOTE: Corporations with multiple employees paid by EP will NOT be eligible to access their tax documents online.**
- Beneficiaries who have also been paid as an individual with EP.
NOTE: External beneficiaries, who have never been paid by EP on their own, will NOT be eligible to access their tax documents online.**
- Sign in to MyEP.
- Go to Settings > Pay Preferences.
- Click on Change to Postal Mail under W2 Delivery Preferences.
- Under Reinstate Paper W2’s you can select online only or postal and online.
Other Tax Form Questions
No, per EP's legal counsel, EP cannot provide this information directly. The information is provided on your year-end tax form.
As of tax year 2020, employers are required to issue a Form 1099-NEC to report nonemployee compensation. If you feel there is a discrepancy, submit a completed Crew & Talent Inquiries and Corrections form. Be sure to include a brief description of the correction.
RENTNT (non-taxable box/kit rental) on your check stubs is non-taxable at the time of payment but it is reportable for tax purposes on Box 1 (Rents) on the 1099-MISC. These types of payments are filed on schedule C (Form 1040) of the Corporation or Individual tax return.
A. Form G2-FP is issued to the loan-out corporation for informational purposes only. It shows the amount of earnings in the state of Georgia and the amount of tax withheld for the Georgia film tax incentive. Form G2-FP is not used to file a tax return.
Back to top
Crew & Talent Employment and Paycheck Support
Changes to (Address, Name, SSN, W-4).
Earnings Requests (Reports/Check Stubs)
Tax Form Reprints (W-2/1099s/592b/G2FP)
Tax Form Explanation/Corrections & more.
Employment Verification Inquiries
(e.g. General VOE, Unemployment, Disability)
Pensions, Health & Welfare Inquiries
(e.g. Missing Hours, Union Dues, Union 401k)
My EP Portal Technical Support
(Assistance with login/registration, connecting payroll profile, tax statement and paystub downloads, viewing pay information, direct deposit setup.)
Unclaimed Property Inquiries
Uncashed payroll checks 300+ days old, EP Unclaimed Property Notices, CA State Controller's Letters
Minors Trust Deductions and Inquiries
(e.g. Set-ups, Coogan Accounts Deposits)
Sick Leave, 1095-C Tax Forms, NY Paid Family Leave
Sick Leave: email@example.com
1095-C Tax Forms: firstname.lastname@example.org
NY Paid Family Leave: NYPFL@ep.com
Canada – PWE Queries
Mon-Fri 5:30am to 5:00pm PT
866-330-0023 (Toll Free)