SmartTime (formerly TimeTrax) Support
Am I able to enter Daily and Weekly Time Cards in TimeTrax HTG?
TimeTrax HTG time cards may be entered daily or weekly – or both – and are uploaded to EP for processing at the touch of a button.
Am I able to enter my own Start Cards in TimeTrax HTG?
Yes. You can take advantage of TimeTrax HTG’s quick and simplified employee set-up, or you can choose to let EP set up the Start Cards.
Do I still need a paper Time Card if I’m entering times in TimeTrax MTC?
No. You do not need a paper Time Card.
Does TimeTrax Start Card write back to IPS in TimeTrax HTG?
No, not at this time.
How do I add a Day Player to a project from TimeTrax MTC?
It is the same as adding a member but there is a choice to select Day Player. In the TimeTrax MTC page under Projects, click on Crew Members. Under Members, click on Add New Member . Under Profile, add the information for the new crew member. One of the fields is Day Player. This field defaults to No. You will need to click on Yes to add a Day Player.
How do I add a person to TimeTrax MTC as a Department Administrator to approve times and/or submit times for a department?
For security reasons, EP Client Services must first set up these individuals accounts in order to have them available to your project. Please contact your Client Services representative at 818.955.6299 for assistance.
Once done, the individuals will be set up in TimeTrax in the Administer Client Users screen in the Tools menu. You can complete their information/permissions by searching for them by first or last name and selecting the Search button. Once you have selected the individual, you can add their position on the project and their relevant contact information. You will not be able to edit email address. Select a Role for the user within the Manage Permissions section and adjust access as required.
You will set them up in Manage Permissions as Department Administrator and then select the appropriate departments in the Department Access section below it. The department(s) he/she is granted access to will allow the user to approve and/or submit times on behalf of that department and create a “hot start” (an inactive/partial Start Card) for any department(s) the user has been given Department Access to.
If the user has an email address in his/her Start Card AND if the project is setup as an MTC enabled project, an email will be sent inviting them to set up an account for the project.
How do I block meal penalties in TimeTrax HTG?
In both Daily Time Sheet and Weekly Time Card, there are two columns marked MP1 (1st Meal Penalty) and MP2 (2nd Meal Penalty), which default to calculate meal penalties (Y for yes). Simply switch this to an N (for no), and no meal penalties will calculate.
How do I do a re-rate in TimeTrax HTG?
Under the Time Card drop down menu at the top of the screen, there is a Select Columns option. From there, select Occ Code/Re-Rate . This will display two columns enabling the user to change the occ code and rate for any given day.
How do I enter an allowance in TimeTrax HTG?
There are two ways to set up allowances. If it is a reoccurring allowance, set it up in the Start Card module at the bottom of the screen under the Allowances section. The allowance will automatically be calculated every time a Time Card is entered. If it is a one-time allowance, key it in at the bottom of the Weekly Time Card in the summary section by selecting the desired Pay Category, Pay Code, and Amount.
How do I get access to my project in TimeTrax MTC if the invitation link expired?
You will get an error when you try to use the expired link. The error will tell you to click Forgotten Password. You will be sent a new access letter email.
How do I print Weekly Time Cards in TimeTrax HTG?
There are two ways to print Weekly Time Cards. To print an individual Time Card, simply bring the Time Card up in the Weekly Time Card module and select the Print icon at the top of the page.
To print a group of Time Cards, go to the Reports module and select Weekly Time Card as the desired report type in the left hand navigation panel. Under the run by menu, select the desired option (e.g., run by batch, department, employee, etc.) and then select the corresponding items to include from the list below.
NOTE: The workspace allows for the user to select different options to include/exclude from the report. For example, by default, day breakage will print on the Time Cards. De-selecting this option will exclude day breakage from the Time Card.
How do I reset my password in TimeTrax MTC?
Click the Forgotten Password link on the homepage and you will be invited to create a new one.
How do I sort in Daily Time Sheet by name in TimeTrax HTG?
This feature is currently in development. In the interim, the Daily Time Sheet report available by selecting Print while in Daily Time Sheet will print the list of people in alphabetic order.
How do I submit a Batch in TimeTrax HTG?
In the Batch Management module under Manage Open Batches , check mark the desired batches to be submitted and then select the Submit Batch button.
If I don’t have a Department Administrator to approve my times (or I’m a department of one), do I have to approve my TimeTrax MTC times twice — once as the employee and once as the Department Administrator?
Yes. The way TimeTrax MTC works at this time, there must be a Department Administrator setup. If you are the Department Administrator authorized to approved your own times, then you will need to approve your times as an employee and then as the Department Administrator. However, most people typically have someone else that approves their time. Potentially, the production coordinator, second AD or UPM would be set up as the Department Administrator.
Is my TimeTrax MTC username/password the same between the iPhone App and the eptimetraxmtc.com website?
Yes. Your username and password are the same.
What fields do not come into TimeTrax HTG Start Card from the EP Internal Payroll System (IPS)?
The only fields that do NOT come from EP Internal Payroll System into TimeTrax HTG are the Day Player indicator, Department and Workgroup designations, budgeting fields, and allowances.
What is the name of the TimeTrax MTC iPhone App, and where can I get it?
It is called EP Time Capture and it is available in the iTunes store. There is also a link on our webpage.
What is TimeTrax?
TimeTrax is an innovative solution for entering and calculating production payroll time cards. TimeTrax has been developed to assist production accounting departments with the processing of weekly payroll. TimeTrax HTG is an internet-based application for EP payroll partners and is designed to interface directly with Entertainment Partners’ payroll system. Based on the information provided to the EP Marketing team, TimeTrax HTG comes pre-loaded with the contractual pay conditions required to calculate and process payroll for the user’s production.
What should I do if I never received an invitation to use TimeTrax MTC?
Contact your production office. Your Department Administrator will check to make sure they are using the correct email address for you.
Who do I contact if I have a support question related to the TimeTrax MTC App?
Please contact your production office.
Why aren’t Daily Time Cards calculating in Weekly Time Card in TimeTrax HTG?
We are currently developing the automatic calculation of shifts entered via Daily Time Sheet. In the interim, the user must select the Calculator icon at the top of the screen in Weekly Time Card to force calculations.
Why did my change not work in TimeTrax HTG?
When you change a Start Card, changes are all on a go-forward basis. The client has an expectation that if they change a Start Card, they will see the change in the current Time Card they are working in.
Any changes made to Start Card will automatically be applied to all FUTURE Time Cards. The ability to apply new changes to existing Time Cards is a feature currently in development.
Completing a Daily Time Sheet Entry in TimeTrax HTG
Daily Time Sheet was created to allow for quick entry of daily times for a department or various departments who have the same or similar work hours. Data entry time can be significantly reduced by using the Bulk Data Entry feature.
NOTE: A batch is required to complete Time Card entry.
To complete Daily Time Sheet Entry in TimeTrax HTG:
- Select Daily Time Sheet from the navigation panel located on the left.
- Select the desired date, and check the department(s) to which you wish to assign times. Click Load.
- Employees set up under the selected department(s) will populate in the work area on the right hand side.
- Apply times to multiple Employees in the Bulk Data Entry module by completing the following steps:
- Select the desired Batch using the drop-down menu in the upper left hand corner of the Data Entry Screen.
- Enter the Call, Meal Out/In(s), and Wrap time.
- Users can also apply Conditions (i.e., Studio or Distant), Meal Penalties, and G/L Coding to all employees selected.
- Check off the employees that the times will apply to and choose Copy All to Selected. The times will then copy down to each employee selected under the Employee Information grid.
NOTE: Pay indicates user entry is per the Time Card. P/R indicates user entry is per the Production Report.
Creating a Batch in TimeTrax HTG
To create a batch in TimeTrax HTG:
- Click on the Open Folder icon from the menu options.
- Select your production and click Open in the Open Project module.
NOTE: All projects you have access to will be provided in the Open Project menu.
- Once your production is populated, choose Batch Management. The Create and Edit Batch option should be open. If not, click on the double arrow on the left of the Create and Edit Batch bar.
- The Payroll Period Ending will populate with the current Payroll Period Ending date. This can be modified to a past or future period ending if needed.
- Enter a Batch Name and choose Create Batch.
- Once your Batch is created, you are now ready to start entering Time Cards into our Daily Time Sheet or Weekly Time Sheet modules.
Managing a Batch in TimeTrax HTG
In Batch Management, you can complete modifications to your Batches. The information below will walk you through how to change a batch name and move employees from one batch to another with ease.
To change a Batch Name in TimeTrax HTG:
- In Batch Management, double click on the Batch you wish to modify from the Open Batches drop-down menu located in the left hand panel. The selected Batch will then appear in the Create and Edit Batch workspace.
- Change the title in the Batch Name field and choose Modify Batch.
NOTE: Once a Batch is submitted to EP, the Batch Name cannot be modified.
To move Time Cards from one Batch to another:
- In Batch Management, click on the double arrow in the right corner of Time Card Management module to open.
- Select the Batch the Time Card(s) will move from, then the Batch they will move to.
- Highlight the desired Time Card(s) and simply use the arrow keys to move the selected Time Card(s) from left to right or vice versa.
Setting Allowance Defaults in a TimeTrax Start Card
To set Allowance defaults in TimeTrax HTG:
- Click the double arrow on the right hand side to expand the Allowances section at the bottom of the screen.
- Once the Allowances field is expanded, users can then enter the Allowance type as well as other settings for how payments will be distributed during production. The user can also denote if the payment will always be on a separate check.
- By adding these default values, the amounts will then be applied automatically to the Weekly Time Card.
Setting Up a Start Card in TimeTrax HTG
Start Cards must be set up for each Employee before any time cards can be entered. The Job Info tab is available for users to complete initial quick entry. Entering this initial information will allow users to begin Daily or Weekly Time Sheet entry immediately.
To set up a Start Card in TimeTrax HTG:
- Choose Employee – Start Card from the menu located on the left hand side.
- Add a Start Card by entering the following required fields: SSN, Name (Last/First), Type (defaults to Individual), Union, Job, Schedule, and Work Location.
- If the employee is Incorporated, there are additional required fields. The Type drop-down field must be changed to Corporation and the FEIN and Loanout Entity fields must be entered.
- It is also helpful to enter the Work County (CTY) and City (CIT) when applicable for Tax Rebate purposes, as well as the Department, Workgroup, Start Date, GL Code, and Rates.
- For a Union Employee, the user can select Pay Scale. This will auto-populate with the Scale Rate for the Job and Schedule selected.
NOTE: When this option is selected the rates will change automatically each year when the new contract goes into effect.
Submitting a Batch from TimeTrax HTG to EP
To submit a batch to Entertainment Partners:
- Click on the double arrow in the right corner of Manage Open Batches to view the selection menu.
- Select the batches you wish to submit to EP for processing by clicking each batch’s check box.
- Once all the desired batches are checked, select the Submit Batch button. An email notification will be sent to the paymaster denoted in the Email Notification field at the bottom of the section.
Need more information?
Drop us a line anytime, and one of our customer service reps will respond to you as soon as possible.
Service and Support HoursMonday – Friday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm (Pacific) EP Burbank Service and Support Hours:
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm (Pacific)
East Coast - New York
UK/Europe - Sargent Disc
+44 (0) 1753 630300
EP Canada - Toronto
416.923.9255 or 800.308.7550
EP Canada - Vancouver
604.987.2292 or 800.830.8882
Emergency After Hours Support
for Vista, SmartAccounting, SmartTime
EP Canada - Toronto
EP Canada - Vancouver