Canada - Payroll - Crew/Cast - Setting Up Your "My Service Canada Account"
1. You will require EITHER a Personal Access Code (PAC) OR Employment Insurance (EI) Access Code
Obtaining a Personal Access Code (PAC) for online service
There are two ways to get a Personal Access Code from Service Canada:
- Online: You may apply for a Personal Access Code from the Service Canada website or follow the link provided to the ‘Privacy Notice Statement’ page:
- Once you have reviewed the privacy notice statement, click on the word ‘Continue’ at the bottom of the statement to access the Authentication page which allows you to submit your information to obtain your PAC.
- After following the instructions provided, a Personal Access Code will be mailed to you within 5 to 10 business days after making your request.
- By Phone: Call 1 877 454-4051 to request that a Personal Access Code from Service Canada be mailed to you. You should receive it within 5 to 10 business days after making your request.
Obtaining an Employment Insurance (EI) Access Code
After applying for EI, you will receive a Benefit Statement in the mail indicating your Access Code and the date your first report is due. Your Access Code is the 4 digit number printed in the red shaded area at the bottom of your Benefit Statement.
An example of your Benefit Statement can be found by following this link: http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/ei/application/benefit_statement.shtml
2. You will require an ‘epass’ User ID and Password
Steps to register for a Government of Canada epass:
- Visit the “Service Canada” website.
- Review the ‘Before you register’ section which explains the Registration Process. This consists of creating a user ID, a password, recovery questions, answers and hints;
- Click on the ‘Register for My Service Canada Account’ in the ‘Register for My Service Canada Account’ section
- Create a User ID and Recovery Questions
- Create a Password
- Accept the Terms and Conditions of Use by entering the new Password and selecting the option “Sign”
Once users have completed the four steps listed above they are presented with an epass welcome page with a “Continue” button on their screen. After choosing “Continue”, users are brought to the Service Canada registration and validation process in order to validate their identity. Users will need to complete the following three steps in order to register and validate their identity with Service Canada.
3. You are required to validate your Identity
Steps to Register and Validate your Identity with Service Canada:
- Review information regarding registration for “My Service Canada” Account and the Privacy Notice Statement for validating the user’s identity.
- Enter their SIN, Date of Birth, EI Access Code or Personal Access Code, province/territory and epass password.
- Review the “My Service Canada” Account and the Privacy Notice Statement and Terms and Conditions for Accessing Service Canada Online Service.
After completing the steps to register for an epass and the steps to register and validate your identity with Service Canada, users will be presented with the “My Service Canada” Account home page.
As mentioned above, on any following visits users will only need to provide their epass user ID and password to login to “My Service Canada” Account.
Once you have validated your identity, you may access your “My Service Canada” Account through epass by simply using your created user credentials. All of your employment records will accessible through this account.