Understanding the New Pact/Bectu TV Drama Agreement 2023
After months of negotiations, Pact and Bectu have agreed the new Pact/Bectu TV Drama Agreement. As the new agreement came into force on 1 January 2023, it’s essential that studios and production companies producing scripted TV in the UK understand the new terms and conditions and how to apply them in practice.
In this webinar, industry experts Chloe Chesterton and Rebekah Parekh from Entertainment Partners provide a comprehensive overview of the key changes and the realities of implementation, including:
- Budget bands and public holidays
- The “split day” and the associated caps and premiums
- The “additional contracted hour” (10+1+1) and how it differs to prep and wrap
- The new overtime calculation
- The new rounding increments and rates for overtime and penalties
- Early call
- Changes to night work and compensatory rest for broken turnaround
- Sixth and seventh-day rates
For a detailed breakdown of these changes, check out our Pact/Bectu agreement summary.
Runtime: 32 min
This session provides general information only and does not constitute legal advice.
We encourage you to consult with your legal advisors before applying any of this information to your specific situations.