Production Community Guidelines, User Terms and Conditions
Production Community Guidelines, User Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the Production Lot, EP's Production Community (the “Community”)! Here you’ll find a growing community of users, peers, and experts working in and around the entertainment industry. Our objective in providing users with access to the Community is to encourage conversations that are informative and valuable for the production industry. In doing so, we ask that all users follow the Principles below when contributing to the Community:
- Be Responsible: You are responsible for all activity associated with your account. Please be mindful of other’s intellectual property, privacy and other rights when contributing to the Community.
- Be Helpful: We expect our users to initiate conversations and contribute perspectives that would positively impact the production industry.
- Be Respectful: You are entitled to your own opinion, but personal attacks or harassment against other Contributors will not be tolerated. Also, please respect and assist our moderators. These are real people going above and beyond to contribute to and promote the production industry.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of things that could result in the removal of a post and/or a temporary or permanent ban of a user account. We reserve the right to remove anything we deem inappropriate.
- Spam: Zero tolerance. All spam will be deleted regardless of the source.
- Personal Attacks, Bullying and Harassment: Don’t attack, threaten, intimidate, shame, disparage or insult another user. It’s not helpful and is not aligned with the Community Principles.
- Posting Private Information (aka Doxxing): Don’t reveal someone else’s personal information (e.g., credit card numbers, street address, social security/ national identity numbers).
- Illegal Activities: Posting links to illegal downloads, ways to steal service, and other illegal activity is not permitted. Users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- Not Safe For Work Material: Not allowed. Even images or links that could be considered borderline are not acceptable.
- Racist, Sexist or other Discriminatory Material: Not acceptable and will likely result in a ban.
- Spreading Misinformation: The Community is not a place to spread conspiracy theories and misinformation, and we will remove posts promoting obvious falsehoods.
- Multiple or Misleading Accounts: We don’t allow multiple accounts per user, including any accounts that impersonate or misrepresent their affiliation with any person or organization.
- Fake Profiles or Falsified Information: We do not allow fake profiles or entities. Do not post misleading or deceptive information about yourself, your qualifications, work experience, affiliations, or achievements. Do not use an image of someone else or any other image that is not your likeness, for your profile photo.
- Threats of Violence: We don’t allow threatening or inciting violence of any kind. We don’t allow individuals or groups that engage in or promote violence, property damage, or organized criminal activity.
- Exploitation of Children: Do not share, post, transmit, or solicit child exploitation material through or using the Community.
- Illegal or Dangerous Goods or Services: We do not allow content that facilitates the purchase, promotion or attempts to purchase illegal or dangerous goods and/or services.
We expect everyone participating in the Community, i.e., moderators and contributors alike, to keep conversations friendly, engaging, helpful and productive. In that spirit, contributors can, and are encouraged to, reach out to a moderator by emailing Community@ep.com if a contributor is in violation of any of the Community Rules.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW (THE “AGREEMENT”) ALSO APPLY TO YOUR USE OF THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THE COMMUNITY, YOU MUST ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AS PRESENTED TO YOU, WITHOUT CHANGES. BY ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT AND BY CONTINUING TO ACCESS OR USE THE COMMUNITY, YOU ARE ACCEPTING AND AGREEING TO THESE TERMS WITH ENTERTAINMENT PARTNERS, LLC (“EP”) ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF OR THE ENTITY YOU REPRESENT, AND YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT, AUTHORITY, AND CAPACITY TO ACCEPT AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF OR THE ENTITY YOU REPRESENT. YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE COMMUNITY, OR ACCEPT OR AGREE TO THESE TERMS, IF YOU HAVE NOT REACHED THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN YOUR JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THE PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE FORUM SITE.
WE MAY MODIFY THIS AGREEMENT FROM TIME TO TIME. IF ANY FUTURE CHANGE IS UNACCEPTABLE TO YOU, YOU SHOULD DISCONTINUE USING THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU WISH TO TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT, AT ANY TIME, YOU CAN DO SO BY CLOSING YOUR ACCOUNT AND NO LONGER ACCESSING OR USING THE COMMUNITY. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE COMMUNITY WILL ALWAYS INDICATE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY CHANGES TO IT.
By posting content to the Community, you agree to grant EP a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play make available to the public, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to the content. If the content includes any suggestions or new ideas for implementation in a feature or product by EP, you are agreeing that: (1) your submission and its contents will automatically become the licensed property of EP, without any compensation to you; (2) EP may use, copy, modify, publish, or redistribute the submission and its contents for any purpose and in any way, including implementation in products or services; (3) there is no obligation for EP to review the submission; and (4) there is no obligation for EP or any of its employees to keep the submission confidential. If you do not want to grant to EP the rights set out above, do not send your submission to the Community.
2. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
EP assumes no responsibility regarding the accuracy, completeness or truthfulness of the information, photos and other content posted on its interactive pages, whether posted by third parties or by EP representatives, and use of such information is at the user's own risk. The opinions expressed on the Community are those of their authors and not of EP or its subsidiaries or affiliates. EP provides no warranties or guarantees that any reported problems may be resolved with the use of any information available on such pages. By furnishing information, EP does not grant any licenses to any copyrights, patents or any other intellectual property rights. You understand that posting content or submitting material is voluntary, and nothing related to your participation will be construed as creating an employee-employer relationship, a partnership, joint venture, association or agency relationship with EP. At any time, EP may change, add or remove any part of these community guidelines or any part of the services and features provided through the Community.
4. COMMUNITY ELIGIBILITY.
The Community is not for use by anyone under the age of 18.
To participate in the Community, you agree that; (1) you are of the age of 18 years or older; (2) you will only have one Community profile, which must be in your real name; and (3) you are not already restricted by the Community from participating in the Community. Creating an account with false information is in violation of our terms, including accounts registered on behalf of others or person under the age of 18.
5. REPORTING INFRINGEMENT AND COMPLAINTS.
If you are a content owner and believe that a user’s contribution to the Community infringes your intellectual property rights (e.g., copyright, trademark, etc.), then please report the matter to Community@ep.com.
If you see something you believe violates our policies, whether in profiles, posts, messages, comments, or anywhere else in the Community, please report it to Community@ep.com.