This Privacy Notice was updated on December 30, 2019 to include the following: (i) disclosures to California residents pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018; and (ii) edits to improve readability and clarity.
Entertainment Partners and its affiliates (“EP”, “we”, “us” and “our”) are committed to maintaining meaningful privacy protections for all individuals who interact with EP. This Privacy Notice describes EP’s practices with respect to your personal information, including the types of information we collect, how we use and share that information, and your choices. This Privacy Notice covers information collected through:
- our public-facing websites that link to this Privacy Notice (“Websites”);
- our online applications, services, and tools that can only be accessed with valid login credentials (“Online Services”);
- our payroll and related services (“Payroll Services”) provided to EP’s clients to facilitate the payment of entertainment production workers (“Talent and Crew Members”).
Collection of Information
EP collects information: (i) directly from you when you provide it to us; (ii) automatically when you interact with our Websites and Online Services; and (iii) from third parties such as our clients and business partners.
Information you provide to us directly includes:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, and telephone number;
- Credentials such as a username and password;
- Demographic information, such as age and gender;
- Financial information, such as credit card, bank account, or other payment information;
- Search queries;
- Correspondence and other information that you send to us; and
- Any other information identified to you at the point of collection.
Information we collect automatically includes:
- Log files reflecting your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring and exit web pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and other data reflecting your actions and activities on our Websites and Online Services;
- Location data;
- Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, and other similar technologies.
- Records of purchases made through our Websites or Online Platforms;
Information we collect from third parties includes:
- Information available from websites, directories, and other public sources.
- Financial information
- Tax information
- Information from our clients about their current, prospective, and former Talent and Crew Members and information about their dependents and family members, including name address, email address, date of birth, social security number, telephone number, and citizenship status.
Use of Information
We use the information collected through our Websites, Online Services, and Payroll Services to:
- Provide and improve our products and services;
- Understand how you interact with our Websites and Online Services;
- Register users for our Online Services or Payroll Services;
- Communicate with you;
- Authenticate users;
- Perform analytics;
- Prevent and detect fraud and misuse;
- Comply with legal requirements;
- Provide customer service support or respond to your inquiries;
- Verify eligibility for certain programs or benefits;
- Conduct surveys;
- Generate leads;
- Perform any other function requested by you or our clients.
Information Sharing and Disclosures
We share information with our affiliates or our third party service providers in accordance with this Privacy Notice. All service providers are governed by this Privacy Notice or are bound by confidentiality or data protection agreements. EP also shares your information with third parties with your consent or where required in order to provide products or services to you or EP clients. For instance, EP will disclose the personal information of Talent and Crew Members to EP clients receiving Payroll Services for those Talent and Crew Members.
Third Party Applications and Sites
EP’s Websites contains links to other sites. EP does not share your personal information with those sites and is not responsible for their privacy practices. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy policies.
EP’s Websites may contain links to third party sites co-branded with an EP logo, even though the sites are not operated or maintained by EP. EP is not responsible for the privacy practices of sites operated by third parties that are linked to our Websites.
EP’s Websites include social media features and widgets. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies providing them.
We use commercially reasonable technical, organizational, and administrative measures to protect our Websites, Online Services, and Payroll Services against unauthorized or unlawful access and against accidental loss, theft, disclosure, copying, modification, and destruction, or damage. Nonetheless, we cannot guarantee that transmissions of your information will always be secure or that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat the security measures taken by us or our service providers. You play an important role in keeping your information secure. You should not share your user name, password, or other Online Services or Payroll Services account information with anyone. If you believe that the security of our Websites, Online Services, or Payroll Services have been compromised, please contact us immediately as detailed in the Contact Us section, below.
We retain your information for as long as your account is active, for as long as needed to provide you or our clients with the services requested, or as long as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce any agreements.
Our Websites and Online Services do not target and are not intended to attract children under the age of 13. EP does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent.
We partner with a third party to display advertising on our Websites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on our Websites and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not be shown interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here or if located in the European Union click here. Please note this does not opt you out of receiving any ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
This Privacy Notice discloses the categories of personal information we have collected from California residents over the past twelve months, the categories of sources from which the information was collected, the business or commercial purpose for which the information was collected, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared that information.
In the past twelve months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information to third parties for business or commercial purposes:
- Personal identifiers including name, signature, address, phone number, email address, social security number, driver’s license or other state identification card number, or any other personal identifier.
- Physical characteristics or description including age or gender.
- Other personal information such as national origin, marital status, or trade union affiliation.
- Financial information including bank account number, credit card number or other financial information.
- Education and employment information including citizenship, educational background, current and prior employment, and results of criminal background checks.
- Insurance information including policy number or coverage information for health or other personal insurance.
- Internet and other network activity information including online identifiers such as IP address or device identifier, browsing history, search history, and information about interactions with websites, applications, or advertisements.
In the past twelve months, we have not sold personal information to third parties and we will not sell personal information to third parties.
California residents have the right to request that we disclose the categories of personal information we have collected, used, and disclosed about them during the past twelve months, the categories of sources from which their personal information was collected, our business or commercial purposes for collecting their personal information, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared their personal information. California residents also have the right to request the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about them. You can submit a request here or by calling EP toll-free at (800) 295-9256. We may require additional personal information in order to verify your identity and residency. The personal information that we use to verify your identity and residency will not be used for any other purpose.
California residents also have the right to request deletion of the personal information we have collected from them or maintained about them. You can submit a deletion request here or by calling EP toll-free at (800) 295-9256. We may require additional personal information in order to verify your identity and residency. The personal information that we use to verify your identity and residency will not be used for any other purpose.
We do not discriminate against California residents who exercise their CCPA privacy rights.
Upon receiving your permission, we may transfer your information from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world.
EP complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to the United States. EP has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/list.
Individuals in the EEA have the right to access their personal data from EP. With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to Privacy Shield, EP is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, EP may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If we have received your personal data pursuant to Privacy Shield and subsequently transfer it to a third party service provider, we will remain responsible if a service provider processes your personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request. Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint, you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
EP may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will post any revised Privacy Notice on this Website. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. If our changes or amendments to this Privacy Notice are material, we will notify you in accordance with applicable law.
If you have questions, concerns, or complaints about this Privacy Notice please feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail at:
Attn: Data Protection Officer
2950 N. Hollywood Way
Burbank, CA 91505