The following steps will describe how to install Movie Magic on Windows. These same instructions apply to both Movie Magic Budgeting and Movie Magic Scheduling.
Downloading the Installer
The first objective is to download the Movie Magic installer from the Entertainment Partners website.
1. In an internet browser, navigate to www.ep.com
2. To the right of the EP logo, click on Managing Production.
The Products page will appear.
3. Locate the desired Movie Magic product, Budgeting or Scheduling, and click on the available hyperlink.
The Movie Magic product page will appear.
4. Click Download for Windows.
5. Establish the download location.
6. Click Save.
Running the Installer
The next step is to install the Movie Magic product.
1. Navigate to the download location of the zip folder.
2. Right-click on the file and select Extract All…
The Extract Compressed (Zipped) Folders window will appear.
3. Click the check box for Show extracted files when complete.
4. Click Extract.
5. Double-click on the installer icon.
The product will prepare to install.
The installer screen will display, listing the system requirements for the installation.
6. Click Next.
7. Read the License Agreement and select the radio button for I accept the terms of the License Agreement.
8. Click Next.
The installer will ask the location in which the program will be installed.
9. If a location different than the one listed is desired, click the Choose… button. Otherwise, if the default location is OK, click Next.
10. Determine where product icons should be created by selecting the radio buttons next to each corresponding location. Conversely, if product icons are not desired, select the radio button for Don’t create icons.
11. Click Next.
The Summary page will appear showing all of the selections that were made in the previous screens.
12. Confirm that all selections are accurate and click Install.
The installation will begin, displaying its progress in the window.
13. Read the Read Me file, then click Next.
The Install Complete page will appear, indicating that the Movie Magic product was installed successfully.
14. Click Done.
15. To launch the Movie Magic product, click Yes.
Activating the Movie Magic Product
The last step is to activate the Movie Magic product using the license number.
1. On the Activation Wizard window, click Activate License.
2. In Step 1, enter in your License Number.
3. Click Next.
4. On the Reset Activation Options window, click OK.
The Step 2 screen will ask for some basic user information. This screen may be pre-populated with information that was provided during the software purchase.
5. If information is incorrect or missing, click to edit the available fields. Once all the information is correct, click Next.
6. In Step 3, establish the preferred contact method. Choose the manner in which you would like to be contacted with any important information regarding your software by using the available information fields and corresponding check boxes.
7. Click Finish.
You have now successfully installed your Movie Magic product.