The following steps will describe how to install Movie Magic on a Mac. These same instructions apply to both Movie Magic Budgeting and Movie Magic Scheduling.
Downloading the Installer
The first objective is to download the Movie Magic installer from the Entertainment Partners website.
1. In an internet browser navigate to www.ep.com
2. To the right of the EP logo, click on Managing Production.
The Products page will appear.
3. Locate the desired Movie Magic product, Budgeting or Scheduling, and click on the available hyperlink.
The Movie Magic product page will appear.
4. Click Download for Mac.
5. Establish the download location.
6. Click Save.
Running the Installer
The next step is to install the Movie Magic product.
1. Navigate to the download location of the installer.
2. Double-click on the file to start the installation process.
The installer pop-up will appear with the option to install the application or view the Read Me file.
3. Double-click on the installer icon.
4. A warning may appear regarding files downloaded from the internet. Click the Open button.
The installer screen will display, listing the system requirements for the installation.
5. Click Next.
6. Read the License Agreement and select the radio button for I accept the terms of the License Agreement.
7. Click Next.
The installer will ask the location in which the program will be installed.
8. If a location different than the one listed is desired, click the Choose… button. Otherwise, click Next to accept the default location.
9. Determine where aliases (shortcuts) should be created by selecting the radio buttons next to each corresponding location. Conversely, if aliases are not desired, select the radio button for Don’t create aliases.
10. Click Next.
The Summary page will appear showing all of the selections that were made in the previous screens.
11. Confirm that all selections are accurate and click Next.
On the Enter Password page, enter you Mac Administrator Password.
NOTE: This is the same password you would enter when logging into your Mac machine.
12. Click Install.
The installation will begin, displaying the progress of the installing in the window.
13. Read the Read Me file, then click Next.
The Install Complete page will appear, indicating that Movie Magic product was installed successfully.
14. Click Done.
15. To launch the Movie Magic product, click Yes.
Activating the Movie Magic Product
The last step is to activate the Movie Magic product using the license number.
1. On the Activation Wizard window, click Activate License.
2. In Step 1, enter in your License Number.
3. Click Next.
4. On the Reset Activation Options window, click OK.
The Step 2 screen will ask for some basic user information. This screen may be pre-populated with information that was provided during the software purchase.
5. If information is incorrect or missing, click to edit the available fields. Once all the information is correct, click Next.
6. In Step 3, establish the preferred contact method. Choose the manner in which you would like to be contacted with any important information on your software by using the available information fields and corresponding check boxes.
7. Click Finish.
You have now successfully installed your Movie Magic product.