Statement to Our Clients Re: COVID-19 and Workers Compensation
Entertainment Partners is committed to deliver critical support to our clients during this unprecedented time.
Over the past week, we have received many inquiries from clients concerning the outbreak of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), and whether this illness is covered under Entertainment Partners’ Workers Compensation policy. There is not a simple answer on whether coverage applies, as it will depend on many factors.
Workers Compensation Insurance is designed to protect workers from lost wages and medical expenses for job related injuries. Compensable claims must arise out of and occur in the course of employment, and precisely where the employee may have contracted the virus is a factor that will determine whether the event is covered. Regardless, Entertainment Partners will ensure prompt notice of any claim to our insurance carrier.
Entertainment Partners treats every claim with seriousness and urgency as our primary goal is to deliver immediate medical treatment so employees can return to work. We understand everyone’s uncertainty surrounding the Coronavirus outbreak and we remain committed to help you during this crisis.
We encourage all clients to reach out to Entertainment Partners’ Risk Solutions team with any questions, and for more information, please contact email@example.com or 800.955.4878.
Business Continuity Preparedness
What you need to know
Entertainment Partners takes a comprehensive approach to business continuity preparedness, including the potential impacts of a public health crisis such as the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak. While there is currently no foreseen impact to Entertainment Partners’ services, this is a constantly evolving situation and in the event that COVID-19 impacts our corporate employees and/or self- quarantining at home is required, our Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans, which are audited annually by a third party (SOC/ISO), are in place to ensure continued service to our clients. Key elements of our plan are outlined below.
Business Continuity Plan
Four Areas of Focus
IT System Readiness
- Infrastructure – including remote access and endpoints – is up to date
- All employees have laptops and secure access to work remotely
- IT critical support partners have business continuity plans and access redundancy in place
- Annual Disaster Recovery tests (including client participation test scenarios) have been maintained
- Entertainment Partners has been operating with mobile workforce capabilities for many years and is fully equipped to operate remotely at any time with no business interruption
- Plans are in place across 13 regional offices in North America and the U.K. to manage critical functions requiring onsite personnel
- CDC preventative action guidelines are being followed across all offices
- Entertainment Partners follows governmental guidelines related to hygiene and health recommendations
- Our cross-trained workforce will ensure uninterrupted client support
Supply Chain Readiness
- Suppliers are included in our annual Business Continuity/ISO review process
For more information on COVID-19 including preventative actions and public announcements, please visit the following:
Entertainment Partners cares deeply about our clients, and we remain focused on our clients’ success as we move through this uncertain time.