Production Companies Support
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) became law in 2010 as a comprehensive initiative to increase health insurance coverage among U.S. residents. Under the ACA, the federal government, state governments, insurers, employers and individuals are given shared responsibility to reform and improve the availability, quality and affordability of health insurance coverage in the United States.
Employers with 50 or more full-time employees and equivalents must either offer health insurance to their full-time employees and dependents, or pay a penalty tax if any such full-time employee or dependent purchases subsidized coverage on a government-run health exchange (Employer Mandate). The law also requires such employers to file information returns with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and provide statements to their full-time employees about the health insurance coverage the employer offered. In co-employment relationships, such as those that exist in the entertainment industry, the ACA provides that the co-employer that directs and controls the worker’s day-to-day functions is the responsible employer for the ACA.
EP will do everything it can to assist our clients in meeting their ACA obligations. We offer various solutions to help you stay in compliance.
Benefits of Our Program
- Dedicated ACA Department of industry leading experts
- Automated Notice of Exchange (NOE)
- W-2 reporting of employer-paid health care coverage
- Employee payment deductions within ACA affordability limit to minimize employer health care costs
- ACA-compliant Start Cards and Time Cards
- Obtain union benefit plan minimum value coverage and affordability certificate
- Consulting and evaluation assistance and compliance support
For more information, please contact EP ACA Solutions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 855.339.7350.