2018 will usher in a number of multi-state and federal legal and labor relations developments. We have highlighted some salient changes that take effect in the first half of 2018 below. The material recapped in this newsletter is general information we are providing as a courtesy on subjects that may be of interest to you. We encourage you to consult with your legal advisors about the applicability of these changes and updates to your organization’s specific circumstances, and how best to handle them.
In this issue. . .
Multi-State Law Updates
Legal Updates: California
- Salary History Ban
- Ban the Box
- Pay Level Increases for White-Collar and Computer Professional Exemptions
- Broadened Supervisor Anti-Harassment Training Requirements
- Expansion of CFRA (California Family Rights Act) Parental Leave to Small Employers
- When Immigration Agents Visit: Important New Duties for Employers Starting Jan. 1, 2018
- Secure Choice Retirement Program
- NYC Salary History Ban
- Pay Level Increases for Salaried Exempt Employees
- New York Paid Family Leave
- New York City: Expansion of Earned Sick Time and New Notice Requirements